Lunch 'n Learn | Termination
Time & Location
About the Event
IN ORDER TO HELP PROTECT EVERYONE’S HEALTH AND SAFETY, OUR LUNCH ‘N LEARN WILL TAKE PLACE ONLINE THROUGH ZOOM CONFERENCING.
How do you terminate an employee legally, safely, and smoothly? The Employer Advocacy Group will guide you through the termination process. This Lunch ‘n Learn will also explore the common pitfalls of employee terminations from the legal, emotional, and safety perspectives.
Additionally, You will Learn About–
- HR 6201, the Emergency Paid Employee Leave Act and its mandates for employers with fewer than 500 employees due to COVID-19
- The different types of voluntary and involuntary terminations and what documentation is needed to back up the employee termination. Then ensure you don’t miss anything by using a termination checklist.
- The legal side of terminations including Employment Agreements, Employee Handbook compliance, Severance Agreements, the #1 reason employees go to lawyers, risky terminations, and post-employment restrictions.
- How to communicate the termination message to different types of people as well as how to anticipate their reaction to the news.
- Determining if a termination may become “contentious” and how to mitigate safety risks if there is a concern.